Wednesday 23 December 2020

THE CHRISTMAS NIP

 You know what I’m unexpectedly missing in this weirdest of all runs up to Christmas?

The drop ins from friends ,family, suppliers, customers, (anyone really) that’s usually accompanied by an impromptu seasonal glass of something and a bit of a natter.

Don’t get me wrong, the drop offs are still happening but the social part is gone.

A quick hello on the doorstep is the best we can hope for in this strangest of years.

Got my first Christmas gift yesterday-a marvellously kitschy decanter and sherry glass set which i’m going to fill with the ghost of Christmas past -has to be Harvey’s Bristol Cream.I shall be having a nip every time the DPD van goes past.

Yes, the thing i’m missing most every day is vey simply HOSPITALITY.


1 comment:

THE CHRISTMAS NIP

  You know what I’m unexpectedly missing in this weirdest of all runs up to Christmas? The drop ins from friends ,family, suppliers, custom...

favourite posts