Boring stuff

All characters portrayed in this blog are fictitious,any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental.
Please don't reproduce any text or pictures without asking my permission first.
All rights are reserved.

Twitter follow button

Tuesday, 13 December 2011

The Strange Case of the Fillipino Blackberry Farm

Background context
An acquaintance of ours is in the process of purchasing a prawn farm in the Philippines.

Chef:Did you see that story in the paper this morning about the people in Indonesia that were crushed in a stampede to buy half price blackberries?

Self:No.....Can you not get them over there?

Chef:Well they were selling them off cheaply,people were knocked unconscious and injured.

Self:That's what Acquaintance should be doing.

Chef:What??

Self:That's what Acquaintance should be doing,planting a blackberry orchard.

Chef:Eh??What are you on about??

Self:Acquaintance should plant a blackberry orchard.Instead of the prawns.He could clean up.

Chef:EH?? Are you serious??I'm talking Blackberrys not blackberries,you know like the one you've got in your hand right now....

Self:..............oh! (manic laughter)

Chef:You klampet(tears rolling down cheeks)I can see the headline now 'hundreds trampled underfoot in mayhem to secure half price punnet of blackberries'
Bargain punnet

Self:............................


Chef:I think you need a holiday.

Personally, I think Blackberry is a silly name for a mobile phone.....

8 comments:

Marmaduke Scarlet said...

I heard it on the radio and thought it was a fruit stampede. So what does that say about both of us! Doh!!!

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

I heard about the blackberries and also thought it meant fruit.

I thought "Strange, i didn't know that Indonesians would have a taste for uch fruit when the country is full of much more exotic fruits like mangos.

BTW What sort of bush grows prawns on your Aquaintance's Prawn Farm?

I know you can get Bush Prawns in Aussie.

Wally B said...

Apple started it. You should google ronnie barker and the blackberry skit. It is hilarious.
Chef is right though. You do need a holiday. Hint Hint

Northern Snippet said...

Since I posted this several others have come forward to admit the same mistake.
TSB I dont much fancy the grub fest,these are you know proper prawns..
Wally- Just googled the Ronnie CORBETT thing-HILARIOUS.Really fancying a holiday..

Young at Heart said...

hilarious.....I had no idea!!

Nicky said...

Hilarious!

Alison Cross said...

Got to say, I'm totally with you on this one. I thought he meant blackberries as well, not Blackberries.

Which I tend to call a Blueberry anyway.

Prawn farming sounds nicer and warmer than running pubs in the bleak midwinter in the UK, doesn't it?!

Have a happy One when it comes!!!

Ali x

Geordie in Singers. said...

Looking forward to your next post dear sis, a little taste of home. Looking forward to enjoying a cappo at Cafe Nero when I next get back :-) XXX

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails